1. Students are encouraged to attend every class for which they are enrolled. Progress in class is dependent upon regular and consistent participation. Absences may retard progress and may also cause the student to be excluded from the June Production if it interferes with the class as a whole.
2. All students are required to be on time for class and dressed properly. If behavior, attitude, or dress is inappropriate for class, the student will be excused from class that week.
3. We offer two open houses this year for the parents to view classes. This is the only time we have observers.
4. Our reception area is designed to aide parents with business transactions or questions. It is also used to serve any of your supply needs.
5. The volume of our dancers using the studios dictates that we use our square footage to accommodate your child and create a safe and relaxed environment. We do not have a waiting room for parents.
6. The hallway space is to be used by the dancers who are waiting for class to begin for stretching and warm-up.
7. The Student Study/Refreshment Room is the only designated eating area in Accent on Dance. It is to be used by students only. Failure to follow posted rules may result in loss of privilege.
8. Weather cancellations are reported on Channel 4 on your television. A recorded message will also be put on our phone at the studio by 3:00pm for weekday classes and 8:30am for Saturday classes.
9. The second snow day for a specific day can be made up with an ala carte or technique class scheduled through the front desk for dasncers in second grade or up. Younger students will be assigned a make up class on a different day and time.
Pre-School through Developmental 2 (D2): Pink leotard, white tights, white Ballet and Tap shoes for D1 and above.
Developmental 3 and 4 (D3 and D4): Black leotard, white tights, white Ballet and Tap shoes.
Developmental 5 through 8 (D5 – D8): Solid colored leotard with tights are to be worn for all Ballet classes. Crop tops and snug fitting Jazz pants/shorts are acceptable for Jazz, Modern and Tap classes only: Pink Ballet shoes and tan Tap and Jazz shoes will be worn for the developmental program in the June production.
Company Programs : Solid color leotard and pink or black tights are to be worn for all Ballet classes. Crop tops and snug fitting Jazz pants/shorts are acceptable for Jazz, Modern and Tap classes only. Shoes to match costumes will be required. Solid black rehearsal wear will be required at times.
Boys (All classes): Snug fitting “T” shirt or tank, black pants or tights and black shoes.
additional notes**- All long hair must be secured away from face and up off neck. Please do not wear jewelry. Appropriate shoes must be worn for classes. No socks past warm ups. Dancers may wear warm up clothing for first 15 min of class only. Only dancewear-no street clothes. There is no dress code for adults or hip hop classes.